Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Golden Keys

One of my readers was looking for this poem. Yes, it was on the now closed Dishpan Dribble site. I did not write this but it is very old and that is probably why it cannot be found very well on search engines. It's a good poem to teach your children in this day and age when manners has taken a back seat! Here it is. Enjoy!

Golden Keys

A bunch of golden keys are mine
To make each day with gladness
shine.
"Good morning," is the golden key
That unlocks every door for
me.
When at the table "if you please"
I take from off my bunch of
keys.
It helps to make our mealtime calm
And keeps a smile on Dad and
Mom.
"Thank you" is one magic key
That helps the world to smile at
me.
And "please," I must remember all the time
You see, it helps me share
with friends what's mine.
"May I" is a key my Mom likes best
Because I
remember to ask before I test.
Oh, I see two special golden kindness
keys
One is "I'm sorry," and the other is "excuse me, please."
When grown
up is how I want to be
I use a certain golden key
That says "Yes please,"
"Yes I will," "Yes ma'am," "Yes sir,"
Then I get treated grown up, you can be
sure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to add to the discussion here. Your ideas and thoughts are always welcome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin