Sunday, September 4, 2011

I closed Dishpan Dribble

For those of you who are asking about Dishpan Dribble, I closed it. It wasn't to keep you all out but rather because of a google matter. When prospective clients for my tutoring business would google my business it was taking them to the old blog. I locked it, hoping that without the traffic going to it that google would start redirecting traffic to my real business site. You are not missing out on anything there because I have quit blogging there. Most likely I will never start it back up again. I may export some of the posts to another blog and start something different. If I do I will be sure to link to it here.

In the meantime, I am preparing for homeschool again for another year. I will come back to share it all with you when I get it put together. So what are you all using for Science and History this year?

6 comments:

  1. We started out with Christian Light Education for science and history, but are switching to BJU Distance Learning this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I understand. You discussed a bit of this, that and everything and it isn't a "professional" but a personal blog there. I do miss your thoughts though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the update. Like Happy Elf Mom, I do miss your blog though. You had so much on there it was a wealth of information and I always looked forward to seeing what you'd write about next.

    Our library held it's annual book sale this weekend and I was able to pick up tons of books (for practically nothing) to use in our homeschool this year and the next few years too. Classics never get outdated and some of the non fiction books were a steal.

    Wishing you and your family the best.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had been hoping to find that wonderful poem you had about the set of keys for kids to learn manners and discipline. I think is was on the dishpan and I've been searching for it here. I even tried googling it but couldn't find it so I assume it's one you wrote yourself. If there's any way you could repost it I'd love to have my girls learn it. Thank you,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha I have found you!
    Thankyou for updating. I so miss Dishpan Dribble. I have been reading it for years and it has been a constant source of comfort and inspiration as I homeschooled my 5 children who are mixture of normal and special needs.
    I wish you the best in your new endeavours and hope your tutoring is hugely successful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you are still here though! My oldest is finishing up Rod & Staff 8, and doing CLE 9 math. He'll be switching to Apologia, most likely. My little girl is just being read to and we do random hands-on learning.

    Hope you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add to the discussion here. Your ideas and thoughts are always welcome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin